English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher
Experienced in teaching English to all levels...from beginner to fluent, Melinda is dedicated to assisting her students reach their full potential. A native English speaker, her teaching includes all areas required for becoming proficient: reading, writing, listening, speaking. She is skilled at creating well-structured, relaxed, and enjoyable classes.
Welcome to my language journey…
My entire lifetime has been spent learning “languages”. What do I mean by that? A language is not just something we speak It can also be something we “do” or “experience”. I realized years ago that my entire life has been about pursuing numerous forms of communication:
1. Music – I spent over 20 years learning the language of music, and then teaching the language of music.
2. Software Programming – I spent 30 years in the tech industry, learning 10 different languages and then spent many years teaching both engineers and end-users.
3. Fiber – I spent 15 years learning the languages of knitting, crochet, weaving, dyeing, tapestry & spinning.
4. The body – I have spent over 40 years learning the language of the “body”. First in my own practice and then I became a teacher of yoga, Qi Gong & Ai chi.
5. ESL teacher – I have spent the last several years studying and teaching the English language as well sharing my love of our rich culture.
So…language is connection, in many and various forms. I invite you to join my classes and grow stronger and more confident in your English language journey; expanding your connection to the world around you.
Take the plunge!